Monday, September 07, 2009

Half Amish

I get teased a lot about being half Amish. I am a little different from most of my friends in that I mill my own flour, bake from scratch, make my own yogurt, and now, my own laundry detergent. I raise chickens and goats and enjoy their "products". I was telling someone the other day about some home schoolers who are stereotypical, "You know. They make their own bread and yogurt." Then I realized that I may be stereotypical myself! However, I think this one breaks the stereotype. I am brewing beer in my kitchen. Yes, the preacher's wife is brewing beer. When the preacher is gone, the preacher's wife will play! Actually, it is ginger beer from Liberia. That is #2's country for geography co-op this week, and ginger beer was high on the list of favorite foods. It is made of LOTS of ginger, pineapple, molasses, and yeast. I concocted it last night and it has sat out since. I don't really know how long it is to sit out before straining, so it might be a bit strong. Beer at a co-op. Now that is atypical for home schoolers.

No comments: