Thursday, September 03, 2009

No Such Thing As Normal

The glasses arrived on Saturday. We had been waiting for what seemed like an eternity. The mail came while we were doing yard work, and I didn't tell #2 about the glasses until it was finished. I figured he didn't need to learn about sweat and glasses first thing. He seems to be excited about wearing them. He tells everyone about them, and loves showing them off. I think he is quite handsome in them myself. But this morning he came to me saying, "We have a problem." He has already broken them. We got the bendable ones so that they would last longer on this rough and tumble kid. However, they are so FUN to bend that he has done it too much.
So this morning, while trying to teach school, prepare for a writing class I am teaching this afternoon, clean house before guests arrive, and various other duties, I super glued my fingers to eyeglass frames, tried soldering them and dropped solder on the floor, and finally gave up saying wear them like old lady glasses. Then I ordered a replacement pair off the internet.
You see, this is a "normal" day for us. Abnormal would be getting our work done with no interruptions. Sigh.

No comments: