Sunday, September 27, 2009

Speed

I have the feeling that I have climbed aboard the bullet train in France, and I am now under the English Channel. I am moving at breakneck speeds and can't see a thing while I possibly am drowning. Therefore, tomorrow is a Home Economics Day. I thought about calling it a "Holiday", but the boys won't consider it that. So, a Home Ec Day it is. We have been gone so much lately that the house is beyond recognition, and it actually stinks. Yes, STINKS! You would think that if we haven't been home much that it would be a spotless home. What I mean when I say we haven't been home is that we have been gone in the evenings and parts of the days. The time that we are home in the day doesn't count since it is spent with schoolwork. It's like saying we are at school, when in actuality we are at home. I guess that's why it is called "homeschool". Friday was our first big co-op day. I spent the entire time chasing down people to get money, disburse money, and have paperwork signed. There were a few fires, but hopefully they have all been smothered. I guess we will find out this Friday. The boys had a good time, and I suppose that is what matters. #1 is taking a Classic Games class, a class on movies, and PE. Not much educational in that, but the movie class will help with his 4-H project, and he isn't in soccer this fall, so PE was a good choice. The game hour satisfies his need to socialize. It's a pretty BIG need. #2 is taking something called Discrete Mathematics that is very much hands-on. He loves that! Then he is in Microbiology with a friend from church. She has a PhD in microbiology, so I can't ask for better. Finally he is taking an art class; this past week was clay. He enjoyed the messiness. Hubby just told me that Fox News is reporting that Obama has proposed a longer school day for kids and a shorter summer break. #2 heard and said he doesn't think so. "Kids are in school long enough. Would you want to sit in a class and listen to someone for a third of your life?! Kids are already in school too long." There you have it; out of the mouths of babes. Saturday #2 went to a Flight Day with his buddy. They actually were able to fly a plane! He said it made him a little scared when the plane was at an angle, but it was thrilling just the same. Now he has a whole new interest. He put a website on my desk for me to look up some things for him. #1 and I went to a youth rally on Saturday. It didn't go well, and I decided that it was not the place for us. The other chaperone and I took the kids back to the building to have pizza and watch a movie. The kids had a good time with that, AND I was back before 10:30, which had been the predicted time table. #1 did not get a part in the play. They said they didn't have a part for him in this one, but to try again next semester. It is actually ok with me. Like I said, the train is moving fast and we're taking in water.

No comments: