Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Don't Google Your Chicks

The chicks started hatching Sunday and continued through Monday. I was thinking that the roosters have a spot on their head, but I wanted to look it up to make sure. I Googled "how to sex black star chicks". The first two entries were exactly what I was looking for, but the rest of the entries were something entirely different. Let's just say there weren't any farm animals involved. It had not occured to me what might pop up with that Google reference. Recently I was talking with a friend whose 12 year old eighth grade daughter was asked by a boy if she had ever eaten a woman. Now when I was that age, I would have thought they were talking about cannibalism. The worse thing a boy asked me in eighth grade was if I was wearing a girdle. I didn't know what a girdle was, but I was sure I didn't have one on me. Oh how the innocence of children has changed. I am happy to have mine at home where I can filter a few more things than others get to filter. ------------ We had another Envirothon meet for training yesterday. I think we did really well, though there wasn't a test involved at this one to know how well we really did. I went to dinner with a friend, and then came home to crash. The cold that started last week with #1 has made its way through the entire family now. Yay! It's my turn.

1 comment:

brightleigh said...

Come on Angel! I guess I am stuck with my middle school mindset. If you had searched for that at our school, someone would have been knocking on the classroom door to take your computer from you! I don't think it is necessarily that kids are smarter these days, it's just that they are exposed to so much more stuff. And it's not good. Hope to see you tonight.