Sunday, March 07, 2010

Peeps

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, work with your hands, and mind your own business. That Thessalonians' scripture keeps popping up no matter how hard I try to ignore it. I guess I need to hear it loudly and often. I was trying to get #1 to write a research paper for a history contest, but I have decided that with everything else going on it would just be more stress to an already stressed out family. So he and I will have a discussion this afternoon about what the rest of the month should look like in school. It isn't so much that he can't get the paper done by the 19th deadline, but that it would require a lot of extra help from me, the teacher. Right now I just don't feel capable of helping all that much. I spent all day yesterday studying for a midterm, and I still feel unprepared. It is taking a long time for my brain to get back into the school mode of "student". We have eggs in the incubator that should hatch in the next couple of days. They started peeping this morning. I had planned to take them out of the turner this evening, and let them rest until hatching, but when we heard the peeps, I thought maybe I better speed up the plan. I have another 18 eggs in the incubator that should hatch at the end of the month and be good for Easter sales if anyone is interested. Any that don't sell for that will be eaten later or sold for eggs. There won't be any waste that's for sure. Kelly is enjoying looking at the incubator as the eggs peep. There have been so many cute things that my boys have said lately, but nothing is coming out of this head except mush. And it isn't even the kind you can fry up and eat. Sorry, F-I-L.

No comments: