Friday, March 12, 2010

Untitled

Dreams by daytime duties deterred Midnight musings my mind disturb. Fog, creeping through crevasses of my thoughts, Envelopes my earliest travels and ought To bring blind slumber to a work-weary woman But instead are the quiet whispers of a waiting woman. Words flow into me like cold water from a spring-fed stream Pictures created by the posturing of a dream, Perhaps, but certainly a soul searching for sustenance Sailing the waters of an ominous sea Rowing the rhyme back into me. The wispy cloud lifts its influence. When the Spirit unaffected by the moon Quietly, softly enters my room And truly my troubles are all undone As I lift myself from the rubble and run Through the fields of a former forgotten time When every lilting of my life ran with the rhyme. Childish wiggles and giggles sound within The invitation to begin The blessing count: strong heart, a home, a husband, My own two sons, friends, goats, and land, Generations before that gave me my voice, The knowledge that indeed I do have a choice. I choose to be busy, to forget in the fray, That my life is more than just the every day. Important are the institutions of faith, hope, and love Instilled in my being by the Greater Being above. Mercies unending and my choice is once more To meet with the same every soul at eyes' door.

No comments: