Thursday, March 18, 2010

Insuring the Introvert

The other day during Guys' Night Out, Hubby asked the boys if they knew what it is to be introverts and extroverts. They didn't and so he told them about it. Then #2 asked Hubby what he is. Before he could answer, #1 answered, "Intrusive." After a little chuckling Hubby asked again what he said. "Intrusive." "You mean Introvert." "Yeah, the 'I-N-T' one." That ITBS standardized test should be interesting next month. After cracking my elbow so hard two weeks ago, I thought I better look for insurance that allows us to go to the doctor a little more regularly and with less anxiety. April 1 we will be under a new company and policy. All of the political talk about a national healthcare plan ought to include some people in the conversation who have to buy their own insurance. I tried to imagine what it was like when I was a kid. Both of my parents worked for companies that provided insurance. I only went to the doctor a handful of times in 18 years, in fact I can only remember going twice. Maybe if people were a bit less doctor driven and more common sense driven we might not be in this situation. (Although I know my brother was in and out of the hospital when he was little.) I asked #1 the other night if he likes girls yet. I told him I was asking because a friend the same age is concerned that he doesn't yet like them. His mother told him he is normal for him and not to worry about it. #1 said he has just, just started liking girls. I don't think he likes them too much; a good book still takes precedence over a girl. But I did catch him putting on some cologne before play practice earlier this week. Today I had my first migraine in years. I am ready for sunshine and no school.

No comments: