Monday, October 04, 2010

Comfort Food

Last week during the rainy weather we stupidly ventured out for dinner at Olive Garden. We held classes as usual Thursday, and then the grandparents picked up the boys after school to take them out for a while. Hubby and I met them later for dinner. We were all surprised to see the restaurant parking lot so full. Truly it was dumping thousands of gallons of rain by the second. What kind of "idiots" would be out in this? We commented on that to the waitress, and she said that when the weather is bad they are often swamped with customers. It seems the warm soup and bread combined with the pasta dishes is just the comfort that people need. I agree that the smell of freshly baked bread on a dismal day can make me feel warm and cozy inside, but there just isn't anything better than a hug from my sweet son sitting in my lap. Welcome Fall. Welcome Rain and Chill. Welcome Hugs and Snuggles.

No comments: