Sunday, October 17, 2010

MY BOYS

The video was made by #1 for our church worship service today. He is studying communication in 4H and I thought this would be a good project for him. The sermon was on Isaiah 6 and asking God to send us to his people. #1 went all around town taking pictures of places that our people go...work, home, school, market, etc...and then made a video about being sent to those who are already near us. I would guess he did 85% of this by himself. I helped with some of the conceptualization and with the typing. Now that I have admitted that, I must put in the caveat that the English teacher in me was kicking and screaming the entire time, but #1 didn't want to use capital letters. I insisted that God be capitalized, however.

We had a wonderful time at the Sock Hop again this year. I didn't get many pictures since I was one of the people in charge of it. I plan to buy some pictures from the guy that was the official photographer, so hopefully soon I can get pictures up from it. #1 was bummed that there weren't more teens. He felt like there were too many little kids. It was planned as a family event, and there did seem to be more little kids this year, but I quickly named 18 teens. He agreed that the problem wasn't the number of teens, but the number of available girls for dancing!

#2 won the hula hoop contest. He and his brother were the last two in their category for the elimination round. They kept at it for a long time. Finally, they had to add another hoop to do it with 2 hoops. #1 can't do that and had to drop out. During the final round I thought no one would get out. We went through 3 songs and had to add hoops to the last 3 kids, but finally we had a winner.

Now I have to return items to the store, take garbage and recycling to the dump, and finalize all the numbers. Then my part of the SGA committment is over until I have concessions duty at a ball game in late November.

No comments: