Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hacked

Sock Hop is over and I am enjoying a couple of hours that feel sort of stress free. This afternoon I will start preparing for the trip to DC, but for now life is good. Actually, it isn't all that great. One of our accounts was hacked last month, and someone in GA bought a new computer. I love our credit card company because they are always on top of these things, but this one slipped by them. I had to make a payment today and that took a while. I talked to people in several states to try and figure out what we actually owe today. We always pay in full, but I am not paying for a computer I don't have. It seems to be cleared up now. Being hacked is a fear of mine in this day and age. You may have noticed that by my use of numbers for names. Last month I suddenly had more followers on my blog- and I don't know who you guys are!- so I immediately went in to deceptive mode. It kind of freaked me out that strangers would be reading this. I intend my blog to be a place to practice my writing and to keep family and friends updated on our lives. I am glad others enjoy my writing, but when it is combined with an identity theft at the same time...just a little disconcerting, that's all. I changed the blog last year to only accept comments after I see them because someone kept leaving comments in another language, and when you clicked on them you got an eyeful of something you didn't want to see. Now I keep getting hits to leave comments. The favorite post for leaving comments is Defiantly Joyful. I don't know what that means in some Asian language, but it evidently doesn't mean the same as in English. Lately the hits have been Jesus and Opossums and Guy For A Night. I can understand why the last title gets hits, but Jesus and Opossums? Who knows. Anyway, I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the posts, few though they be. I will try to trust that you are all "normal" people who just like to peek into my life every now and then. But I still go check on you sometimes too!

No comments: