Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Real World

"The real world has arrived," I called up the stairs at 8:15 yesterday. School started back in session last week, but because of their sicknesses, I went easy on them. So now that the boys are just hacking up one lung instead of two, I decided to hit 'em hard! Actually I can't imagine that 8:15 is hitting too hard, but they did look pretty hard up. The real world slammed into me yesterday too. I made one New Year's Resolution: to take care of my back. Finally yesterday I bit the bullet and made an appointment with the chiropractor. His assistant took a couple of X-rays, and then he came bounding into the room. "You are out of alignment. You are waaay, waaay out of alignment. I mean you are really, really out of alignment!" I guess it was a good resolution to make. Anyway he did some acupressure and shock therapy, and then I came home to feel like a Mac truck had run across me and then backed up for good measure. I go back today for another run at it. My appointment isn't until 10:30 because the office was planning to open late today. It seems all of Eastern Carolina knew that the real world of ice was going to slam into them last night. True to form it did; everything is covered in a sheet of ice. So now I have to tromp out in the cold and ice to see if my hens were productive yesterday. January 10 is the day that there is enough light for hens to produce eggs again. None too soon either as I have one egg left. Everyone has their own definition of "the real world", but it never seems to be a fun place. When the "Real World" comes though, I have a feeling we will all know it, and some of us will enjoy it. "That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire and the elements will melt in the heat. But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, the home of righteousness." 2 Peter 3:12-13

No comments: