Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tasty Pie

"How's my bride today?!" Papaw bellowed as entered the house. Grandma sat in her chair visiting with me over the noise of Wheel of Fortune. Papaw walked through the entryway and grabbed hold of her as if to dump her on her backside and laid a big smack on her. Grabbing hold of his arm she giggled and told him to "behave". That was a daily scene for me as a young girl. I miss them still. Learning to love someone for the rest of my life was taught to me by grandparents, parents (who would kiss in the kitchen when I had friends over! YUCK!), aunts and uncles, and friends at church. There was never a thought that marriage would be any different for me. Lifetime Love was not a fairytale but a daily reality. A friend asked me the other day how I handle with my kids "church issues" that end up on the front doorstep. She was specifically asking about marriages that are falling apart in front of everyone. Her son thinks he may not ever want to marry because his family has seen so many of these disasters. After thinking through this for several days I guess my answer should have been that I just point back at our family. There is too much love involved to not want a piece of that pie. It isn't that the pie is perfect, certainly there are parts of burned crust and meringue that is turning soggy, but the pie tastes good anyway. ------------ Back spasms knocked me off my feet this morning when I got out of bed. I managed to get to the chiropractor and he pushed some things around to give me a little relief. This is a very hard Resolution to keep! Hopefully in another week or so the spasms will subside and everything will be limbre again.

No comments: