Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Slowing Time

Boy God sure is fantastic and surprising. A woman at church was needing rides to school and back home this semester. I offered to pick her up after school on Wednesdays. She misunderstood and last night I received a message on my phone saying she needed me to get her at 8:20 to go to school. I thought about it a while. I consider my home schooling a full-time job, and leaving in the morning to get her would be missing some school time, but I also want her to be able to improve her life. So I decided the sacrifice would be worth it to help her, and I left this morning to get her. I picked her up and dropped her at the college, which is by SAM'S. Then I stopped and gassed up, picked up bread and milk, got to the chiropractor in time, made my way to the library to get #2's History books, and then went home. The kids were already working on their school work. I cleared the kitchen, folded laundry, and basically straightened up the house. We had lunch and then I worked with each boy independently. Now I have checked emails, paid bills, and worked on tomorrow's writing classes. I leave in half an hour to pick up my extra boys and get this lady from school. Here I am with time to pack tomorrow's school lunches! There wasn't time to do all of those things, but God blessed me with time since I sacrificed the earlier time. I don't know how God slows time for me, but he has done it before. Thank you Father for showing me yet again that if I serve others you will faithfully serve me.

No comments: