Monday, March 21, 2011

Deer, Drinking, and Devotionals

My husband tried to leave a comment on the latest blog about #2 hunting, but he couldn't leave one with his Mac. Anyway, his comment was that the only way that boy will fill our freezer with deer meat is if he can talk one to death! I nearly fell on the floor laughing. Last night before bed I dosed #1 with some Black Velvet whiskey and cream soda. He was very concerned about that, but after a couple of hesitant sips he decided it wasn't too bad. Then he informed me that if he drinks when he is older it will only be occasionally and just so as not to be rude. I assured him that saying no thank you is in no way rude. "It is in France," he replied. "Then you better stay in America, boy." ------ I have a bunch of errands to run...goat feed, refreshments for tonight's meeting, bank, garbage dump, etc... as well as papers to grade, school work to help with, and more. I decided today that I need a vacation. I think I have a spot opened on October 6th for half an hour! Actually, in two weeks I help judge 4H project books for four days. I will get to go to Raleigh and stay in a hotel. Even if I have to judge all that time, I will have some time free and alone that I can reflect and get some quiet writing done. I truly am looking forward to that. I had a message on my FaceBook account that a large church in town would like to use my devotional "Death of a Dog" in their bulletin. That was quite an honor. However, I don't check my FB very often and I missed their deadline. Maybe next time.

No comments: