Sunday, March 20, 2011

"Howdy Neighbor!"

Sick kids again. #1 started Thursday morning with a cough that sounded like it could get worse. It did. By Friday he was laying low, and Saturday he was down for the count. He stayed home all day yesterday and today. I doped him up last night, but he still coughed through the night. #2 started feeling poorly yesterday evening, and this morning woke up with the cough that says it might go somewhere. Since he has competition Tuesday I have been doping him and making him rest. It would be a shame to miss the Envirothon with all of the hard work he has put into it. #2 has been trying to earn money. He has taken over the chicken business and has sold several dozen eggs already. I took some to church with me today to take care of his earlier customers. Then I saw our neighbor out in his garden this evening. #2 filled a wheelbarrow with manure last weekend and has been trying to get up with the neighbor ever since. He was hoping the neighbor would want manure for his garden. Since #2 is sick, I walked the manure over. He paid $5 for it and asked if his cousin could have some in April when she comes to visit. That will be another job for my little guy. He can fill feed bags with manure and sell it! I bet those neighbors in the fancy houses had no idea what kind of neighborhood they were moving into. --------- I took #2 to the Spring Youth Day that used to be JAKES Day. Yesterday was gorgeous weather, and he had a great time shooting guns all afternoon. When he got home he had to call my dad and try to talk him into a hunting trip. He has been wanting to do that for years now, so I promised him if Pap would take him this year he can go deer hunting with Pap. My dad said he would be happy to take him hunting. So now #2 is in seventh heaven looking up info about guns and ammo. Maybe he will fill our freezer for us!

No comments: