Friday, March 18, 2011

Marathon Envirothon

We had a marathon Envirothon meeeting this afternoon. The team is doing well. For their sake I hope they do well Tuesday, but for my sake I won't mind if they don't. I have learned a lot being the coach, and the kids think I am really smart. The truth is, I write all of the questions so of course I know the answers! I plan to teach Environmental Science next year as a high school class for our home schoolers. I am looking forward to all of the fun things I hope to do. I also think it will really improve the kids' chances at winning. I have been asked if I will volunteer to judge the high school problem solving at state competition. I plan to answer yes. Maybe that will help me prepare the kids next year. ---------- I have been feeling reflective lately. I am reading a great book, called God's Smuggler, about a man who went behind the Iron Curtain to deliver bibles and other things. His prayers were very faithful and trusting. He heard God answer in so many ways. Right now I don't hear God answering me. I sometimes wonder if that means He doesn't really care one way or the other what I do about a particular decision. If both solutions to a problem are faithful, then maybe either one is fine. I sure would like to hear his voice right now though.

No comments: