Friday, March 04, 2011

Still Not Enough

You are probably all hoping that I will no longer be your friend. Today I heard that a friend's husband passed away this morning. I was shocked. I teach her daughter on Thursdays in my writing class. One day here, the next gone. Stunned. The family has a daughter who will graduate high school in May and another daughter- the one in my class- who is in 6th grade. They are a sweet, generous family. They always have smiles and love for those around them, and no matter what they are going to give you something...an extra amount in the tuition, some cookies or brownies, a kind word or email. It is about the last straw, in fact I would say that it is the last straw, but then I would be handed more and I don't want any more. I know my Lord can handle all of this, and he can help me to handle it too, but shwew! -------- #2 gave his speech today. He did a good job and came in second in his age category. He was upset, but only because he would have won more money if he had placed first. He came home and started thinking up ways he can earn money this summer. Tonight is Hubby's first class for the New Testament semester. I think he has 25 or 26 registered. There are always some who don't show up, but this is the most he has ever had registered. It is a great way for him to teach people who won't necessarily go into a church.

No comments: