Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sun or Rain?

The rain is falling in torrents broken only by momentary pauses for a regrouping of raindrops. I attended a workshop today about amphibians. Who knew there was so much to learn about the little critters! It was an interesting presentation. Afterward we were to attempt identifying species in different life stages. Live animals were present for this vain exercise. I managed about half of them. Since I had a lot to do at home, and will be gone four days this week, I returned home a little early. As I sat upstairs helping #1 with his research paper (AAGGGHHHH!), I listened to the storm outside. I was glad I returned early. The afternoon was to be spent in the field looking for critters and identifying conservation techniques. I attended a meeting yesterday about school classes for next year. We plan to have a co-op like we do this year, but it will be a little bigger. Yesterday we came up with the classes and set the calendar for the school year. Right now all I care about is that WE ARE NOT DOING RESEARCH PAPERS IN ENGLISH NEXT YEAR!!!! It might as well be raining words around here. I need a good dose of word free sunshine.

No comments: