Friday, August 26, 2011

Cleaning Schedule

Tuesday was our first Geography Club meeting for the year. We are studying South America and for this class each child was to prepare a dish from a South American country. I enjoyed all of the food, which doesn't always happen with our food studies. My boys made a peach/orange smoothie type drink from Chile and a small empanada type appetizer with bacon, olives, and artichokes from Brazil.
While we ate the mothers took the opportunity to visit, and we began discussing cleaning and chore schedules. One mother is very excited about a new system she is trying at her house. I have tried different systems, but I have never found anything that hangs around for very long.
Part of my problem is that the kids don't clean well enough for my tastes, and then I just get angry and irritated. So in order to keep peace in our house I decided a while back not to give them anything to do that I wanted done a certain way.
I apologize to my future daughters-in-law, but perhaps your husbands will make enough money to employ a house cleaner for you. They know how to sort laundry, take out the trash, empty the dishwasher, wipe down the bathroom, and other menial tasks, but they won't wash baseboards, clean up and organize, or fold laundry worth a nickel. Sorry.

No comments: