Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Dog? Cat? NO! It's a Chicken!

As #2 slept in the spare room downstairs we left the dog in the room with him. We thought we would get a good night's sleep, even though the storm raged without, because she had #2 to make her feel comfortable. Evidently he isn't as big and strong as Hubby and I are!
She began by pushing gently on our door, then giving a small scratch. After several attempts at subtlety, she began pushing her whole body against the door. When she wasn't able to knock the door down, she tried digging her way through. As her sharp nails dug into the door and hardwood floor, I got out of bed to let her in. The dog scored.
She stood by the side of the bed shaking. Then the lightning picked up the pace, and she climbed up on the bedrail sticking her head up on my pillow. "Save me!" she screamed. I put my arm around her and comforted her in my half-asleep stupor.
When I awoke in the morning, I started to get out of bed, but stepped on something. The poor thing had been so frightened she had pushed herself under the bed and had trouble getting out again.
She looks like a dog. She washes like a cat. She ACTS like a chicken!

No comments: