Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Word

I was tired yesterday. I have been praying about something for many, many months, and I found out Friday the answer is "no". So I slept late Saturday, then began my usual morning routine of prayer, journal writing, meditation, and reading The Word. But I was so disappointed and tired that I decided to forego the scripture reading. I turned to my devotional book and read the following by Tim Anderson.

One of the benefits of taking a tour is the blessing of a good guide. A guide takes all of the stress out of our trip because he or she has already gone before us and has the knowledge that we do not have about the trip. As a preacher of the gospel of Jesus Christ, it is comforting to know that I do not have to preach on my own. As the Holy Spirit guides me, He also provides me the words that God Himself would speak if He were here in the flesh.
Our Lord was always careful to give His disciples the right amount of truth at the right time. The Holy Spirit is our teacher today, and he teaches us the truths we need to know exactly when we need them. It is impossible for the Spirit of truth to give us error.
The twenty-first century has afforded us a day of e-mail, text messaging, and Internet. However, the Bible remains truly unique and separate from all other forms of information. The Bible is the word of God, inspired by the Spirit of God, and invested with the power and authority of God. It is infallible, inerrant, and sufficient for all our needs in life. Only the Holy Spirit knows what God knows, and He alone is the only One who is qualified to reveal divine truth to our lives.

Then the prayer: Lord, I take comfort in the fact that You have gone before me and intervened in situations that I will never even know about. I also take comfort in the fact that You will tell me what to say and when to say it as long as I fill my heart and mind with Your inspired Word. In Jesus' Name, Amen

You better believe that I turned my tear-stained cheek right over and grabbed my scripture book! How right the writer is; only God is able to reveal divine truth, and that is what I need to be filling my mind with. Disappointments come and go, God sees what is really going on, and only He has the wisdom to deal with it.

No comments: