Sunday, January 20, 2013

It's My Birthday

Today is my 43 birthday. Wow it doesn't sound as bad as it looks! It has been a good weekend of celebrating with my family, and I know that I am loved and adored by them.
Today Preacherman was talking about who we are. We are children of God. John 1 tells us we have the right to become children of God if we will accept the position. It seems awfully silly not to accept it, but still it is difficult to accept.
Am I really adored, loved, treated as a child? Yes, and more. God doesn't treat me as a spoiled child but one that needs discipline. To truly believe that God owns me as His own daughter I must accept that he will discipline me with the same love that he used on his legitimate son. What a tough thought. I don't want to die on a cross!
Whatever my death must entail, I should gladly accept it since I know the life that exists for God's children as well.
Happy birthday to me, Angel, a child of God.

No comments: