Friday, January 25, 2013

ALARMING

A couple of days ago I made egg rolls in the oven. They were homemade and delicious, but they set off the smoke detectors. At least we thought that must be what happened. I didn't notice any smoke, but Hubby thought he did, so we fanned out the house with really cold air, and reset the alarms.
Last night we discovered it was not my cooking that set off the alarms. At 3:00 a.m. the alarms sounded again. We looked through the attic, the rooms, sniffed and searched, and found nothing. At about 5:00 we finally started to drift off, and blaring alarms sounded again. We flipped off the breaker and decided to think about it later. At 6:30 I flipped the breaker back on so I could shower, and while I was in the shower, BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!
So this morning I vacuumed out all of the alarms and so far so good. I am glad that we have alarms to keep us safe, but do they HAVE to go off all night long?
-----------
And speaking of cold air. . . It seems a cold front is coming through and bringing with it some ice and maybe snow. That means that with the possibility of bad roads, everything has already started shutting down. Life in the South; )

No comments: