Saturday, January 05, 2013

Puppy Lesson #12: I Am Too Old for a Puppy

OK, so the pup is ten months old now, and he acts like he is 3 months old. He has A  LOT of energy and needs to be outside. After the horror of the last dog's demise, we decided to try a wireless fence. I ordered it and started yesterday trying to figure it out.
No matter where I put the flags, the next time I try to match up the boundary, it has changed from the last time! The poor dog got zapped when he was in the safety zone! So I have spent the day trying to figure it out, calling the company and having them try to figure it out, and now I have to send it back. They think there is a problem with the transmitter.
So now I am back to having an energetic pup that needs to go for walks and play a lot, and school is about to start back. I do not have everything ready for starting back- remember the sick son on top of the energetic pup- and I have come to one conclusion:
I am too old for a pup. Just call me The Old Gray Mare!

No comments: