Thursday, January 03, 2013

Puppy Lesson #31: Nothing is Safe

A rug, a postcard collection, a make-up brush, a pair of underwear, a mitten, sandals, boots, and a pair of slippers. What do all of these things have in common? They look like a fun feeding toy to a pup. I had forgotten how much trouble one little pup can get into.

I guess he was a problem for the dogsitter too. I heard that he jumped into the middle of the diningroom table and wouldn't get down. He also pulled her over backward while chasing down a jogger. He escaped by climbing a pile of bricks and jumping over the fence, but his stomach rules and he came back for a treat.

So, tomorrow the electric fence arrives. I don't think it will take many times for him to learn his boundaries. He touched his nose on the electric fence around the horses and ran back to me and stayed for quite a long time.

Soon after we took Captain, I was talking to the boys about how much trouble Kelly had been. I ended with, but she was worth it. I didn't know it at the time, but she was. So  I imagine this little guy will be worth it some day too. I just have to imagine it really, really hard sometimes!

No comments: