Friday, May 25, 2007

I moved here because God told us to. I enjoyed moving here for many reasons, but there are reasons that I moved here that I didn't know about when I moved here. Here are my top 10 reasons for moving here that I never knew ( not in any particular order). 1.Spring lasts a really long time here. The weather is nice, lots of things flower and bloom; it just looks pretty longer than what I am used to. 2.Strawberries grow great around here. I have picked fresh strawberries and made jam every spring now. I made jam yesterday and it is the best I have ever made. I am even picking strawberries out of my own garden this year. 3.Cucumbers do very well, too. 4.People look at you when you walk by- even in the face! And, they often say hi. 5.You can see the stars at night. 6.There is a wonderful home school support group. 7.There are NO cottonwood trees! 8.The university has a great after-school art program. Maybe I should just say the university in general. I have enjoyed many benefits from it. 9.Sunday in the Park is fabulous. Every Sunday evening in June and July people gather in the Town Commons for a concert. It is very Rockwellian. 10.It is the only place that I felt like was "home" right away. Thank you God for reasons I never knew.

No comments: