Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I was talking with a friend yesterday who spoke of having small children. She feels that perhaps she didn't enjoy the young time as much as she would have if she would have had family nearby to help. She felt suffocated by the constant attention and clinging of the children. I said yes it helps a lot. We lived with family while the boys were very small, and having that extra attention and help was very good for all of us. But as for enjoying the stage at the time, I don't know how much has to do with family nearby. I feel like I missed a lot of the very young years because I was distracted by our situation; no job, living with family, feelings of depression. So even in the presence of family, you can still miss what you should notice. The answer is to be in the present and realize it doesn't last long. The future is only a day away and then this time is past.

No comments: