Saturday, May 17, 2008

I did well at the book warehouse. I was able to finish up some Christmas shopping for the nieces and nephew, and a little for my own brood. I got a coming of age boy book for #2's tenth birthday later this year. That just stuns me that he will be 10! I also got some books for school for the next couple of years. We will soon be getting into WW1 and 2. The rest of the books were just for fun reading. A couple of weeks ago, #1 was talking to his grandmother about what is planned for this summer. The biggest news that he was excited about was that they get a new book each week for summer break. Then the two boys can trade, thereby getting 2 new books each week. It was wonderful to hear him so excited about that. There was a time, not too long ago, when he didn't want anything to do with a book, and we weren't sure he was going to read. What a pleasant turn-around.

No comments: