Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Just a bunch of blurbs today. ---------- Kelly went missing yesterday. I didn't notice until late afternoon. We were having guests over and I figured she would come then to see everyone. After everyone left we went for a walk in the new neighborhood and she wasn't there either. I guess she went on a hunting trip for the holiday. She came back when I went out to close up the goats at 9:30. This morning she is lying in the floor watching people walk by. I guess she wore herself out yesterday. ----------- We had a nice time yesterday with friends. We had people from different parts of our lives here. It was good to meet a family that hubby is friends with and I didn't know. ------------ Grandma is back at her house now. M-I-L droppped her off yesterday feeling a little trepidation. She is 93 years old, and as strong willed as ever. One of the neighbors said to some other neighbors that she can't believe how Grandma's daughters just let her do whatever and don't tell her what to do. The other neighbors laughed and said, "You're new to the neighborhood. Aren't you?" You don't tell Grandma what to do. ------------ I tied Mary's legs together for the milking this morning and she did much better. Not great, but better. Finally she wore herself out and then we had some bonding time. She doesn't seem to hate me or be afraid of me, but she does not like milking. The babies are all very fat. ------------ Today starts summer break for #5 and I will have him all day now until the end of June. They will go away for July and then I start back in August with all day until school starts. The other 2 kids have 2 weeks of school left still. It is much better when they are all here together. Then I can go do as I please and not have to schedule my life around the afternoon pick-up. ----------- We have a duck who thinks he is a rooster. He needs a girlfriend. And we have a cat who thinks he is a chicken. He sleeps in the chicken nests with the eggs every night. Even the kids sleep in the nests when I put them away at night. Weird animals. ------------ There is an article on Kristin Davis in the Health magazine for June. She is one of the actresses from Sex and the City. She has been helping for several years to raise awareness of poverty in African countries. She said she started to believe in God when she did that. She doesn't think she would believe in God if she stayed in Hollywood. Her reason: People who shouldn't have hope do. There must be a God to give people hope like that.

No comments: