Monday, May 26, 2008

My husband reminded me of another saying I had been thinking of: #2 asked me how old I was when I got married. 29. How old are you now? 26. "You can't descend in age, Mom." -------- I was thinking this morning of all of the people that I could name who have served our country in the military. All of my uncles on my mom's side, though none are her brothers. My father, my father-in-law, uncles on my dad's side, my husband's uncles, friends, cousins...So I thought I would just list their names here as a Memorial Day list of honor. Family: Floyd Stead, Eddie Sharp, Larry Stead, Dan Stout, George Poling, Bobby Poling, Ed Heavner, Kenny Stead, Chris Stead (Vietnam), Fred Sharp, Kenny McPherson (Normandy), Shuryl England (Vietnam), Josh Sally, Steve Soujia, Todd Stead, Troy Stead, and more I am sure that I am forgetting or unaware of. Friends: Sandy Lindelof, Paul Bernarde, Aaron Bullard, Elliotte Pearson, Kenny Bolyard, Junie Harris (Vietnam), Ron Newton (Vietnam), Anissa Shuttlesworth (killed in Iraq), Pete Wilson, Lora Ebeling, Kim Fry, and again many more. Thank you again to those who have served. Happy Memorial Day.

No comments: