Monday, May 05, 2008

Time just keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping...I was filling out schedules for the kids' day camps and the summer is about gone. They are doing some fishing, electric projects, cooking and sewing, clogging, and more. I looked up church camps, but it is out of the question with price and schedules. So they will have a fun summer at home. We started getting some things into the ground in the garden last week. I put a whole bag of fertilizer on the garden because the boys want corn and we haven't had much luck with corn. We may end up with corn on steroids! We also put out tomatoes, beans, lettuce, and peas. The strawberries are doing well too. The fruit trees look pretty full this year, and the grapes are doing well, too. Perhaps we will have a good year--if the rain keeps coming. Last night was a terrible lightning storm. I thought the barn had been hit, and hubby thought the water tower had been. The dog was in our room, of course. Nothing has been heard from the goat lady. I am hoping that is good news. We had a guy stop yesterday evening to see if we wanted to buy another goat. She is an alpine and nubian mix and already bred. I told him I think we have enough to handle for now. He was able to tell me of a slaughter house though. So if we can't get rid of goats we don't need, I think we can at least butcher them. The goat lady would faint at that news! We took the boys to see Nim's Island yesterday. It is a good movie. It is nice that the boys are starting to be the age when we can see interesting movies together. The new theater has already been taken over by another company. I guess rent is ridiculous at the new plaza. The homeschool curriculum sale was this weekend, too. I made enough money to pay off the books I had bought for #1. He needed science and math this year. A good friend is giving me math for #2. We are also sharing a science with friends for #2. The library is a great help to us for interest and for saving money. I love the university library and we may spend more time there this year. And that is why time is slipping...

No comments: