Thursday, May 01, 2008

Our family does something called "Fun of the Cup." It started years ago when hubby would go away for spring break and I would be left with the kids by myself. So I would fill a cup with slips of paper. The kids would draw one a day and we would do something that it said. We would go to get donuts, or to the zoo, or the park, or toy window shopping. It didn't have to be expensive, just something to look forward to. #1 started calling it "Fun of the Cup" and a tradition was born. So now we are on summer break and doing fun of the cup. This week was to go to Baskin-Robbins. We went last night and surprise, surprise, it was 31 cents a scoop! They were having a special and we didn't even know. Next week we won't get to do the cup since we have a trip planned to Virginia with our 4-H club. We don't do the cup when there are extra special things like trips planned. That is enough to look forward to in itself. ----------- A couple of friends asked me what the goat lady did, so I guess I didn't explain what was going on very well. The deal we made was $100 a goat and then if I decided to keep the kids it would be another $50. She was well-paid, as most goats go for $75, but I didn't want to drive as far as I would have to to get one for that price. She called last week and told me I had been dishonest and the price had been $200 per goat, and now she wanted $100 per female kid and $25 per male. She just continued to lie and I had answers for all of her lies. She even pulled out, "You're a preacher's wife and I thought you would be honest." I told her not to even try to pull that card, she was being dishonest and she knew it. So yestedray I sent a nice note to her with a check for the $50, and completely ignored her dishonesty. I won't be answering the phone the next several days as I am sure she will call and cuss me out. Just leave a message if you call, I will get back to you. ---------- Speaking of the goats, I have to get a strategy to deal with them during milking time. They all try to get into the stanchion at the same time. Darkie has figured out how to knock the feed bucket off the wall. Mary is furious that I should touch her, and she jumps and snorts the whole time. Milky Way is a pig and eats everything and won't move unless the world is ending. Fay is the only sweet spot. She doesn't push and shove, and she stands still while I milk. She doesn't have any milk to give me yet, but it gives me comfort to have a cooperative goat.

No comments: