Friday, June 26, 2009

Bye, Bye Virus

I like it when I click with people. I called the prof at NCSU, and I had a nice conversation with him. He isn't actually the guy I am to talk to, but that guy is on vacation next week, so this guy thought I ought to go ahead and speak with him. It went well. I still have a meeting scheduled with WVU on July 13, but now I feel like I have some more options. The prof I spoke with seemed very genuine and earthy; sort of what I would expect at NC State! I think I would fit in well there. The virus seems to have finally worked its way through my baby. He was up at midnight vomiting, but since then he has done ok. He has only had water, Powerade, and peanuts so far today, but I am hoping it is over. We will have plain pancakes for dinner just in case. A friend came over today to work on the day camp we are teaching in a couple weeks. I told her I need more than one day a week to just stay home. AND the days I do stay home need to not include a sick child. That is to say, the furniture is still not done being moved, shelves are not installed, and garbage is strewn around the house. I managed to sell three dozen eggs this morning at the farmer's market. I will try again tomorrow. You have to pay $5 to go on Saturdays, but the frig is so full of eggs that I will take the loss of $5 to get rid of them. Soon it will smell like the Lake of Burning Fire if I don't do something!

No comments: