Saturday, June 13, 2009

Home Again

Gatlinburg was wonderful as usual. It is such a beautiful place. I didn't feel like we had enough time to just enjoy the scenery. My mother asked me last night what the best part was. Niece #2, definitely. She is about 2 1/2, very talkative, and full of ideas-- all her own. We went to Dollywood, and I was the lucky one to get to take her on the rides. She did great and had a fabulous time. Twice she fell asleep on me; that was fabulous for me. What a snuggle bug a two year old is. I am happy to have my boys back, although they leave tomorrow for camp. #1 is going to BioTech Camp to learn about forensics. #2 is going to SpaceCamp to learn about astronomy. They only go for two days, back on Tuesday, so I won't miss them too badly. The floors are not finished as hoped. The sander broke partway through finishing the floors, and a part had to be ordered. It will be next week. Sigh. Par for the course, I suppose. Grandma's house sold very quickly. A neighbor bought it, so I supppose they knew it was a good deal. I'm going to miss that house. I don't like all of the changing that is going on...turning 40 soon, 20 years of marriage, a son starting Middle School, Grandma being unable to stay alone... How did this happen? I will be going to WV to help pack up the house next month. I'm sure lots of tears will follow.

No comments: