Monday, June 22, 2009

Weekend

It has been a busy few days for me. Friday was my last day with thte "extra kids" until some time in August. They go away every July to visit France or family in other locales. This year it is France. The boys took french lessons for a good part of the year, but I don't know how much it actually helped. Before they left I asked the oldest how to ask where the bathroom is, to tell me he is lost and to ask for his MaMa. He couldn't do any of that. I suppose crossing your legs and crying would say the same thing in any language. Also on Friday I went through a lot of confusion. I am just not sure that going to grad school at WVU is the best option for me. There is a lot of indecision about which is better, a PhD or an EdD. That makes a big difference in how it is handled being in another state, and I may have to live there more than two semesters. I also am not sure that having a degree from WVU is a good idea, since we may at some point need me to work there while we care for aging parents. They don't hire their own. Also conversations with my professor father-in-law, and my mother-in-law and own mother had me confused. So I started looking at other programs again, and lo and behold, NC State in Raleigh has a program that looks like it will fit with me. I emailed the director and he is willing to talk to me. So I will be calling him today. Saturday was a trip to the beach with our church family. We took several friends, as did other people, so we ended up with about 25 people attending. Most of us didn't get too sunburned, the water was pleasant, little humidity in the air. It was just a very nice day to be at the beach. Then came Sunday. We took the Daddy to dinner at a Japanese Steakhouse that he likes. Then we came home and let him rest for a little while before we made him start carrying furniture upstairs. YES!! We have furniture upstairs. No, it isn't finished up there. Mostly we just need doors, but that is going to have to wait. I was afraid that #2 wasn't going to go upstairs; he had said on several occasions that it would be too far away from us. But when he saw his brother moving in, he decided it might be a good idea. It will take most of the week I am sure, but the beds are up there, as well as computers, desks, and a few other things, like the tv. So last night I got to enjoy my quiet livingroom.. I loved it! I think it will be a nice sanctuary for me. Today I will move my computer in there, and voila! I will be in a housewife's paradise.

No comments: