Wednesday, June 03, 2009

The Cure

I watched a movie last night from Netflix. It is called The Cure. The plot is that two eleven year old boys meet in a small town along the Mississipppi River and become friends. One boy has family problems, and the other has AIDS. They decide to find a cure for AIDS, and the story takes off from there. They hunt for different plants that might work, try to get to New Orleans where a quack has "found" a cure, and they spend a lot of time in the hospital. In the end, the boy dies, and the other is upset that they never found a cure. The grieving mother says that they did. Her son was alone and afraid before they became friends. His friendship was the cure they needed to make her son happy. Sappy, I know, but a good thought. How much could we "cure" people if we would only be a good friend to them? Here's to being a better friend today. -------- Turned in State Projects yesterday! WhooHoo!! We had a club project and 5 kids' projects. I am planning on helping another kid on Monday with her project, so that will take us to 6 kids' projects. I would like to help the state personnel work on the guidelines and judging of state projects. It isn't very well done, and I think with just a few easy adjustments it could be a lot better. I told our Extension Agent, though, that I am not getting a degree to work with 4-H. There isn't enough money in it. Guess that will come back to bite me; it always does.

No comments: