Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Gatlinburg

Taking a break from the song series to give a short update. My boys are in Gatlinburg with Hubby's family now. They went down there on Saturday. Evidently yesterday #1 had a bout of homesickness, but was able to get over it. They have been gone over two weeks, and I know I miss my home after that long, too. Hubby and I will head out after work this evening to go to Gatlinburg. We will stay a couple of days and come back on Friday. It will be especially good to see my brother-in-law and sister-in-law and their kids. We saw them last at Christmas, but we were so sick that it feels like we didn't see them. We are super happy that the sister-in-law is doing well and has completed her radiation treatments. Thanks to everyone who was praying for her. I miss my boys. Yes, I talk to them nearly every day, but you can't hug over the phone. I know they are well and reasonably happy, but it will be good to get them back. Of course, we get back on Friday, and then they leave for 4-H camp on Sunday. The floors are to get finished upstairs while we are gone. Then I can really clean for the last time...super clean anyway. I will definitely still have to clean. It has been good to have some time to get caught up on things. Yesterday I had 10 children here throughout the day, and it reminded me of what I am about to get back into. It is difficult to keep things looking good when kids are at your house all day. I don't know when it will change, but adults certainly don't make as much of a mess as kids. I was putting away laundry this morning when Hubby heard me say, "I just don't understand." I was finding the wrong types of clothing in the drawers. There is a drawer for long sleeved shirts, one for short sleeved, one for pants, and another for shorts, etc. Why can they not get the right clothing in the correct drawer? Hubby said, "You still don't understand? They're crazy." I guess so. At what age do they gain their senses? Hope everyone has a great week. And keep your radios tuned to that country music!

No comments: