Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Dog Days

Turned on the ac last evening. I have never turned it on June first before. It is supposed to be hot all week with a chance of storms. Think hot and humid. At least we found out that the upstairs unit is a good one. It cooled down fairly quickly up there. It was 97 degrees upstairs when we turned it on. I am trying to find a home for Kelly. She has caused too much trouble for us to deal with her any longer. Since the cement escapade we have put her in a harness. She can get out of it. Now she won't get up to let us get the harness back on her; she just lies down on her back and refuses to move. Any time the door opens, out she runs and heads to the new subdivision. Having children in the house, the door opens quite often, and the kids can't keep her in. Last night was our monthly prayer meeting. I enjoy taking the time to eat with friends and spend an hour in prayer. I kept thinking I needed to have more free time yesterday so that I could get more marked off my list, but after I sat down and relaxed, I realized I needed the prayer time more than I needed the work done. Sabbath rest is such a difficult concept for me.

No comments: