Friday, February 11, 2011

Home Again

I welcomed my son back home today. He was in outer space the last couple of weeks. I tried speaking to some other moms of 13-14 year old boys, and I have been relieved to hear that disappearances into other galaxies are common. The bad part is that the school doesn't enter other galaxies, so the bad grades during these disappearances are just part and parcel of the disturbance. He has been back for a few days now, but I was waiting to make sure it was more than a stop-over before I said anything to him. He seemed confused by my remarks but happy to hear it. The bad thing is that I was told boys go through this at 14 and again at 16, though not as mightily. That means I will have 2 in this stage at the same time!! Hopefully it won't last long.

No comments: