Tuesday, February 22, 2011

More Dog

Remember Death of a Dog last week? One friend told me she laughed until she cried. It wasn't the reaction I was expecting. Well, enter the dog again. While I was in Gatlinburg she was naughty. Hubby was in charge of taking care of her, and she dissed him. Yep. He let her out to go do her business, and she took off. He yelled for her, she turned, looked at him, and went right on to do what she wanted...visit the new neighborhood. Another time he let her out and she headed to the woods. Again, she would not return when he called. So one night while we were gone, she slept outside all night. It was her own fault, but it could have been disastrous for us. So when I got back Sunday it was like a party. She jumped on me, followed me, kept her eye on me wherever I went. Yesterday I was doing laundry and whatever room I was in, so was she. You would never think that I ask her daily to die. She comes when I call, goes when I send, and obeys as best she can. I think I am the Alpha Dog. So while I was in TN sitting on a bench in downtown Gatlinburg, a strange sight approached me. A man was carrying a small dog in a pouch attached to the front of him. It was like one of those front baby carriers. The dog was just looking around and hanging out. BUT, then behind the man came a woman. She was pushing a full-sized stroller. In the stroller? Another small dog dressed in jeans and a football jersey. It was standing in the stroller looking all around. I'm glad Kelly wasn't there to see that.

No comments: