Monday, February 28, 2011

Worse Than Death

The weather is acting very prophetic lately; we just never know what to expect! Today is supposed to be 81 degrees and tomorrow 54 degrees. I thought I would hang out laundry, since it is laundry day, but there is also a 50% chance of rain. I don't think I will chance it. Today is my aunt's funeral. She has been suffering for many months, about six, with what seems to have been an attack on her body by some virus. No one ever seems to know what exactly happened. But after all of her suffering, she decided to be taken off of life support, and she passed away on Thursday morning. I think that is the decision I would have made. The doctors assured her they could make her comfortable and the going would be fairly easy. There are so many things worse than death. If the choice is to hang around here, not able to enjoy being with the ones you love, then I absolutely believe it would be better to go hang out with the one who loves me more than I can love. The sadness I feel, I think, is due to the loss of the first of my aunts/uncles. My father and mother's families have always been a big part of my life. We are very family oriented. My father is one of 13 siblings, and I know and love all of them. I know I am 41, but today the knowledge that my childhood is over has hit me full-force. Good bye Aunt Martha. Until we meet again.

No comments: