Monday, February 21, 2011

Road Trip to Gatlinburg

I went to Gatlinburg as a chaperone for a youth rally this past weekend. That means I drove all day Friday, sat through a long session once we got there, stayed up late waiting for pizza, and then managed to sleep only 4 hours because of loud traffic and kids (not the ones I was with) running around. Saturday was spent in sessions, but we did have some free time in the afternoon. It was another late night, and then a very early morning on Sunday. The long drive home ended with my falling asleep on the couch and then dragging myself to bed at 9:00. My M-I-L says this is what keeps me young. I must be really young! During my time in Gburg I saw some strange sights. I think I will just give you a few now and then to keep you laughing. One of the first was a man dressed up as Captain Jack Sparrow. That actually isn't too strange considering that there are tourist attractions like Ripley's in town. The strange part was that a woman on the sidewalk started gasping and stuttering, "Are, are, are you Johnny Depp?" One of the kids heard her too and it was all we could do not to fall over laughing! ---------- Tomorrow I am back on the road again. The Envirothon team is heading to Raleigh for some training sessions: Wildlife and Soils. I bet I see some strange sights tomorrow too!

No comments: