Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Late Night Vigil

It's getting close to midnight, so why am I writing a blog entry? Because I am waiting on #2 to toss his cookies one more time. Yesterday morning he woke up not feeling quite right. He wanted to go on the Envirothon trip, so I guess he psyched himself up. I gave him some Pepto-Bismal to settle his tummy, and a little while later he was showering and getting ready. He said it was probably nerves. While we were in the first session- the really cool Wildlife session- he asked if he could just sit down and rest. I knew he wasn't feeling well then. So before heading to the not-quite-as-thrilling Soils session, I stopped at a drug store and purchased Tums and Gingerale. He took 10 Tums. I didn't know until too late. Today he was "off his feed", but didn't complain much. He managed to play with his buddy and with the extra kids, so I thought he must not be too bad. So I made him go to church because he had played all afternoon, right? Big Mistake! On the way there he says, "I feel like I'm going to throw up. (short pause) Like right now." And he did...over and over again. Hubby and #1 started walking to church while someone drove to meet and pick them up. I turned around and took #2 home to a shower. I cleaned the car, threw laundry in the washer, tucked him in on the couch, and headed back to church. About 9:00 this evening, he finally started upchucking everything. He can't keep down even ice chips. It's going to be a long night.

No comments: