Monday, September 03, 2012

Labor Day

Well if anyone around here had picnic plans for the holiday, they have since been cancelled. It is raining like monsoon weather. There is no wind or even slight breeze, so I suppose the heavy downpours will continue at least through the day. The whole yard is covered with several inches of water and the road in front of the house has nearly disappeared. I was looking out the back door at the water-covered yard and thought if Kelly were here she would be following me from room to room. I remember last year during the hurricane that she would not go outside to the bathroom. No one had told me about that part of hurricanes!
Speaking of Kelly, my book is nearly done. I had hoped to finish it by the end of summer, and with the threat of rain all day I just may be able to do it. I have about ten chapters done. My next step is to find an agent who will take me on.
So here is to the end of summer, and to a new beginning of ..... Not really sure what we are beginning around here, but here's to it anyway!

No comments: