Tuesday, September 25, 2012

School is Important

Listening to my husband and younger child work on Algebra now. #2 wants to know why this is important. The problems are about how many cc of medicine a nurse should give. Hmm. Wonder why we need to know this?
Yesterday I was talking with a parent of a kid in my writing class. She is having a hard time helping him understand that he will have to write in this life. What's the point, he wants to know.
I imagine God is saying the same things to me. I ask, "Why do I have to go through THIS?"
And He replies, "You need to learn this."
"But, Why? How is this important?"
He looks down the road at all of the obstacles ahead of me - the ones He can see, but I can't yet grasp - and says, "Keep working on this one. You'll get it. Someday you will be glad that you learned this lesson. Trust Me."

No comments: