Thursday, September 20, 2012

Still Here

My mother-in-law was concerned about my well-being since I haven't posted in a while. It went something like this:
"You haven't posted since the tenth. Get on it."
No wonder I feel so loved by that woman!
Actually, I have been a bit busy and distracted. Now that both boys are in high school, I have decided that it will be easier to do some things together. One of those things is American History. Last year #1 took World History. It is unusual to take World before American, but I only wanted to have to teach it once, so I flipped his schedule. Now here we are learning amazing things about this land we call home.
For instance, today as we listened to a lecture on The American Revolution, we learned that the man our county is named for was against the American Revolution. William Pitt, The Earl of Chatham, told Parliament that the Americans would not be subdued, and if he were an American he would never give in, never-never-never! I think I will let him be an honorary American for that. Heck, let's name a county for him! Oh, why not two!?
But his attitude is really what I need to catch. I have nearly finished my book, and now I have to figure out all of the Business side of writing. I guess I need to read a few books on agents, query letters, etc. Looks like this is going to take more time than I planned.
Of course, life itself is filling in most of the little holes of time that I have had before. We took the boys to VA last week for a few days to do a little "History Field Trip." A sweet, sweet friend let us use her time share, so it was a high-end field trip to say the least. We managed to visit Williamsburg, Yorktown, and Jamestown, as well as fit in a few matches of racketball and a dip in the hot tub in the evenings.
This evening I went to a parents' meeting for the fall play. #1 got the LEAD!!! He will be playing the role of Ichabod Crane in The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. As wonderful as that is for him, it means a lot of work for the parents. He will have practice four or more times a week until November 17th!
Looking at that on the positive side, I suppose I will have plenty of time to read books about query letters and agents!

No comments: