Sunday, July 22, 2007

I am milking Millie now in the mornings. I let the babies nurse during the day, so I can only get one milking in. I plan to sell Billy very soon and to put Milky Way in a pen away from Millie. Then I can milk twice a day and hopefully do a little better with the milk. #1 decided this summer that he likes goat milk and so he has been drinking it all. I am happy about that. Fresh milk is what I want for my children, but it means that I don't get any to drink and that there won't be any cheese. I am thinking that I need a few more milk goats. The problem lies in what to do when I am gone, like a vacation or a meeting during milking time. Missing one time here and there isn't bad, but to be gone for a week like we will be in October is really hard. I have trouble finding someone who knows how to milk and is willing to do it for me. I did find someone with a cow who is willing to share some of the milk with me. So now our kids and hubby can have real milk. #1 has started having some "grease" on his face when he sweats, and I would like to postpone puberty as long as possible. ------------ A friend from church is out of jail and back with us. He made some mistakes in the past and had to be away from us for a while. He has been gone about 9 months, and last night we went to a welcome back party for him. My boys are so happy that he is back. He has always been so sweet to them. I pray that he will stay on the straight and narrow now and do well.

No comments: