Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Millie is now a milker. The goats are one month and two days old and they had to sleep away from Mommy last night. The girl, Milky Way, cried like a baby. I'm surprised she had any voice left. I got almost a quart of milk out of Millie, that's better than when she had Elvis. Twins must be requiring more milk. I picked them up last night and they are quite fat and sleek. I mowed grass yesterday and started weeding the garden. I picked a HUGE bucket of cucumbers, so I guess I will be making pickles soon. The potatoes are starting to come up and the beans and sweet potatoes look pretty good. We have no luck with corn. A storm came through a couple of weeks ago and it tore down most of the corn. Now it is all dead from that. ________ The full week that we were gone on vacation Hubby and I went on a retreat in Ohio. It was for pastors and their spouses. There is no technology allowed--computers, email, cell phones, television. We spent the week renewing our friendship with each other and our relationship with God. I spent most of the time reading the New Testament. Being out of our routine during summer break had me out of my reading habit. I was thirsty for the Word. I sat outside on the porch or in the hammock and just read the Bible. It was good. A little insight was given to me about my husband. I have always felt like he watches too much television. He has it on while he writes, reads, relaxes, whatever. I can't handle that. It is distracting and makes me waste time. So while we were on retreat there was no tv. I didn't have a problem with that, but I did have a problem staying inside with him to read. I have to be outside. It occured to me that being outside is how I stay connected with God, how I stay focused, how I get things done. Not being able to do that is like my husband not being able to have the tv on while he works. Strange how we focus so differently.

No comments: