Friday, July 20, 2007

We went to a waterfowl park on Wednesday. It was a field trip I had been wanting to take, and Weds. was free so it was a good day to go. There are birds there from every continent. We went with a friend and her kids, and we all had a good time. The boys especially liked the Hawaiian Goose because they would stand and look at you and seemed to talk to us at times. While we were on vacation I talked with some people at my in-laws church. They were very impressed with #1. He has a lot of Bible knowledge, and they say he is sweet and very sharp. Another is very impressed with his integrity---he wouldn't watch a movie clip that was rated what he isn't allowed to see, even telling the Bible School teacher that he couldn't watch it. I hope he stays this way through his life. It reminds me of Daniel and Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. I certainly believe something special surrounds #1. He had a special birthmark after he was born, and I felt like Satan tried to get to him when he was still a toddler. There is danger in that though. Besides the obvious spiritual battle with Satan, it occured to me that if we were going to church in that particular congregation, it might be detrimental to #1. Being a preacher's kid here seems to have no special expectations, but to be the preacher's kid where your dad grew up and your grandfather is an elder could be too much pressure. Again, I am so glad to be where I am.

No comments: