Monday, December 20, 2010

Breaking the Fast

So my week of fasting is ended. I have to say that I enjoyed slowing down the stress. I even started knitting again; something I hadn't done in over a year! Friday was a bit stressful if for no other reason than that a kid broke his nose. I had the Envirothon team over for practice, and they always spend part of the time playing football. Friday was no different, but it ended differently for #2's Best Buddy. Another kid was tackled and knocked into Best Buddy breaking his nose and sending forth a great gush of blood. #2 came into the house, not at all upset, and said he thought I might want to come outside because someone was hurt. About halfway out he told me what was going on, and I took off running. All of the other boys were huddled on the ground around him, and there was Best Buddy holding a bloody nose three times its normal size. I called his mother right away to come and get him. He has had three concussions in his lifetime, and I didn't want anything hanging over me. She came right over and took off with him. He was amazingly calm and was asking if he couldn't please stay, but I said, "NO!" That was a case of realizing the importance of urgency and taking care of it right away. --------- Today I am washing laundry, paying bills, and stopping things like the paper so that we can be ready to go to WV for the holiday. That is a true test of deciding what is urgent and what can wait. I feel like it is going well, but not everything is ready to go yet. There might be a mad rush tonight before we pack the van. Hope everyone has a lovely holiday season. Enjoy some quiet time with God and thank Him for those moments of stress-free rest.

No comments: